Thanks times a million to Jo for tagging me with this award! I haven’t been actively blogging like I used to in quite some time (and am still lamenting the loss of all of my archives! Damn you, angsty 18-year-old self!) so to get tagged for something like this from a blog that I really enjoy is really flattering to me. So again, thanks Jo! If you haven’t heard about this award, this is what you’re supposed to do:
- Link back to the person who passed you the award
- Complete the form below
- Award 10 Blogs (if possible) & drop them a line about it
- Share 7 random things about yourself
So, here we go!
Name your favourite song: I always struggle with how to answer this question. I’m not a full-blown music nut, but I do love a lot of different kinds of music, and have had a lot of favourite songs over the years! Right now, I’d have to say that I’m hopelessly addicted to Coldplay’s Paradise from their latest album, but of all time that would have to go to blink-182′s I Miss You. That song just brings back so many memories and feelings.
Name your favourite dessert: I’m actually not much of a sweets-and-sugar person! I much prefer salty goodies and treats. But my favourite dessert would have to be cheesecake. Just plain ol’ cheesecake. The graham-cracker crumb crust, mmmm. That, or pumpkin pie! I’m so glad it’s finally pumpkin pie season.
What pisses you off: Definitely people who have no concept of how their actions affect me or others in their life. You know the ones I’m talking about: the people who are way too self-involved to realize that whatever they do may just bleed over from their life and into yours. Like, being constantly 10 minutes late (something I can occasionally be guilty of), but not apologizing (which I always do) for the inconvenience. A small example, but it’s applicable to all the big stuff too. If I get to talking about the bigger things, this rant would never end!
When you’re upset, you: Clean and organize for sure. It helps me to distract myself from whatever is upsetting me and (if you’re a power-cleaner like me) it expends energy if I’m getting that adrenaline-rage rush going. Then once I’m done, regardless of whether I’m still angry or not, at least I have a clean house to enjoy!
Your favorite pet: I can’t choose between my pets! Luna and Luongo are my fur-babies, and I love them equally (although I must admit, I can’t wait until Luna grows out of the silly I’m-a-kitten-and-will-attack-anything-that-moves phase. I just want to pet you!)
Black or white: Depends on what it goes with. I love a classic black t-shirt and jeans look, but when it comes to a web page I’d expect (in this day and age!) a white background.
Your biggest fear: drowning, hands down. Or, to be more general, asphyxiation. The idea of not being able to breathe is very, very scary for me. Funny that I ended up diving.
Best feature: I love my sense of humour and my intelligence, but my best physical feature would have to be…my eyes. I got a wicked set of baby blues from my mother!
Everyday attitude: Do the best that you can do. Consider things from all angles, and if it’s really important to you, you’ll find a way to make it work or happen. Stay true to yourself, but don’t write off criticism entirely.
What is perfection: A hot cup of coffee or tea on a cold day, while under the blanket on the couch watching new episodes or re-runs of my favourite television shows, with my laptop on my lap and slippers on my feet. Bliss.
Guilty pleasure: Awful, awful reality television shows. I love the worst of them, including a lot of what is broadcast on MTV. It’s shameful, really, but what can I say? It’s entertaining! And it’s nice (don’t hate me for saying this) to compare my life to the train wrecks I see there and feel completely normal.
Seven things about myself… (well, nine, ’cause I wrote nine before I remembered that I only needed seven. Gawd.)
- I’m really quite short! Only 5’3″ tall.
- I’ve had seven different roommates (including Thomas) since moving out on my own for university in 2007. (I’ve also moved nine times total to get to where I am now, including living with my parents for three months this summer, since 2007. I’M DONE.)
- The majority of my friends are male; I don’t have a lot of female friends (but really treasure the ones that I do have <3)
- I’ve had a computer in my house for basically my entire life (was born in 1988). My dad works with software and has always had a PC. I remember navigating MS-DOS to play Jill of the Jungle when I was three.
- My teachers/principals tried twice to convince my parents to let me skip a grade. They said no twice (once in BC and once in Alberta) because they wanted my social skills to develop as well as my brain.
- When I moved away to university in 2007, I didn’t know a single person in the city I was moving to. I found out through research that the university was the best for my field, and decided to pick up my entire life and move it south. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made (and the scariest).
- Because of my father’s job, we were able to travel a lot while I was growing up. I’ve been to Singapore, Sentosa Island, various cities in Germany, various cities in the US, Cancun, the Dominican Republic, Prague, and we’ve touched down in a few other airports. This opened my eyes to the world outside of my Canadian existence very early, and I’m so, so grateful that I had this chance. Downside is that I caught the travel bug early and can’t wait to pick up and go again!
- I’ve seen my top five bands in concert, and I consider myself so lucky to have been able to. Bands are: the Red Hot Chili Peppers (2006), Incubus (2007), the Used (2009), blink-182 (2009, 2011), and Matthew Good (2009, 2010, 2011). I love live shows! There are still so many that I want to see.
- I’ve had every natural hair colour at one point or another (black, brown, red, blonde) and a few unnatural ones (my favourite was the black with the white-blonde streak in front!). I used to dye my hair a lot, but I just recently coloured my hair this summer for the first time in over 3 years.
Have fun with this one, guys!