’cause that’s just how I roll. No one needs to tag me! (Thanks to Carolynne for posting the question about LMFAO’s video. I watched it and giggled so much I wanted to do this questionnaire just to talk about it!)
“I love to do these kind of “meme” things. They are such a great excuse to talk about oneself and inform others of one’s interests, likes/dislikes, etc. So when I saw that I was tagged by [no one], I knew I would have to share.” – Carolynne (she was tagged by Caity, I’m just a coat-tailer!) Couldn’t have said it better myself. So, here goes:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you have tagged them.
- Like Caity and Carolynne, I’m tagging three people who are completely not obligated to do this. If I didn’t tag you and you still want to participate, feel free to consider this a tag.
- I used to dye my hair a lot as a teenager; it’s been red, brown, blonde, black. Basically, every natural colour and a bunch of different shades. I couldn’t be Jenn and go for an outrageous pink or purple though! (Go Jenn =))
- I’m not a sugar person. I definitely prefer salt to sugar, so you’re more likely to find me with a bag of chips in my hand over a chocolate bar!
- I’m most comfortable in a great pair of jeans or sweatpants. I’m not a very feminine person; Thomas and I have been together for two years, and he’s only seen me in old T-shirts, sweats and shorts in bed. Heh.
- I’m a pretty private person in some regards. I have a guard up for a long time while I’m getting to know someone, so it takes a lot to get to know me well.
- I am shamelessly addicted to some of the worst and best shows television has to offer.
- I’m way too sensitive in certain situations. I take almost everything personally, and I’m trying to get a better hold on that (because I know it’s not the case).
- I love the ocean. I was born in Vancouver, and I’m always trying to think of a way to get back to the Pacific coast. I’d also like to see the Atlantic and experience the difference in the two. Being near the ocean just calms me. I love the sound of the surf.
- I love horror movies, especially the ones that scare the crap out of me. However, I do not appreciate being surprised by friends and family. Thomas once sneaked up on me while I was vacuuming, and I squeaked, hit him, and needed a couple minutes to settle down. Do not sneak up on me.
- I’m definitely a Type A control freak. I like being the one in charge, but I sometimes resent the responsibility that I feel it comes with. I have gotten a lot better with this in the last few years though (or at least I think so. My family might disagree).
- My aunt competed in the Munich Olympics. I think that’s pretty badass.
- I love the idea of taking pictures, but I’m shamelessly bad at uploading/processing them. And I forget my camera a lot. Sigh.
Questions From Carolynne
How did you decide what you wanted to be when you “grew up”?
I don’t remember how I landed on teacher, but I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. But there was an assignment that I filled out in 7th grade and found many years later, and apparently I also wanted to work in my mom’s sandwich shop (she was in business with my aunt), be a reporter (and look how well that worked out!), and teach.
Have you met any celebrities? How and Where?
I met the lead singer from the Used at a bar in Calgary after their concert once. It was freaking fantastic! I also got to meet Peter Mansbridge at an event at Mount Royal, and that was amazing.
Which TV shows, that are no longer airing new episodes, have you seen ALL episodes of?
Friends for sure! Plus, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Sex and the City. I’m currently working my way through Battlestar Galactica with Thomas (the new version from 2005, not the original)
What is one thing you wish you could have back from your childhood?
Is it weird to say my grandmother? I know she’s not a thing, but I miss her every day. She was such a huge part of my youth, and it’s so strange so realize that she passed away just two weeks before I turned 18 and officially became an adult. I wish she was able to see who I am as an adult. I miss having that in my life, so I suppose that’s why I said her.
What is your favourite food?
Tough call. Probably anything with truffle oil/salt. Mmmmmm.
If you could fix one of the world’s many problems, which one would you fix and why?
Hunger. I hate to think that we have so much and there are people starving around the world. There’s enough resources to sustain the population (barely), so why are they so unevenly distributed?
Have you ever had a near death experience or know anyone who has?
I’ve come close to drowning and it was weird (not that I had to be revived, but it was coming to the wire). I don’t know anyone who has been on Death’s Door and come back.
What would your dream date be like?
A night at Taste in Calgary, a walk around Kensington with lattes, watch the sun set over the Bow, then inside for a movie night with popcorn. Perfect.
What is your opinion on the song/video of Sexy And I Know It (video link)?
I love it! It’s nice to see men in music videos being sexualized and it’s done in such a fun way. It’s so often that women are hypersexualized while men flaunt their money and power (and therefore their right to control these women-objects, ugh), so it’s a nice twist on what’s become a staple in music. And it’s LMFAO! They approach everything with such a fun attitude. Plus, bouncing man-bits make me laugh.
Do you watch the Academy Awards? If so, do you have any Oscar traditions?
Nope, and nope.
Do you have a really bad habit that you wish you could kick?
I really want to stop picking at my face. I’m trying to take better care of my skin, and so far so good. Mexico really made it clear to me that proper moisture for your face makes a world of difference. I also wish I ate less takeout, but that’s less do-able at the moment.
It’s getting late, so these may be lame.
- Favourite colour?
- If you could travel any place in the world, where would it be and why?
- What are two things in your bag/purse that you couldn’t live without?
- What’s the last book you read? (The last book you actually read, please!)
- What do you feel your worst feature is?
- and what’s your best?
- Favourite t-shirt?
- What are your top three bands, and your favourite memories associated with their music?
- What’s your guilty pleasure habit?
- Favourite shoes?
- What do you do now, and what did you want to do as a kid?
Now, I would like to tag Kat, Zoey, and David.