I love doing these things! This comes from the Queen’s Meme.
1. Have you ever used coupons? Why or why not?
I’ve used coupons for sales at my favourites stores, but mostly online purchases. If I can find a coupon online I’ll usually take advantage, ’cause it helps to offset the shipping costs! It can get pretty nutty to ship to Canada for some reason.
2. Your choice is one free tank of gas or one cart full of free groceries. Which do you choose?
Groceries, hands down. I take transit to work and we never seem to have enough food.
3. Which items on your supply list should be bought in bulk for bigger savings?
Beauty supplies (like body wash and shampoo/conditioner), pet food. Liquor? lol
4. What is the best sample you’ve ever received in the mail?
I actually *just* received my Neutrogena Naturals perk in the mail! I can’t wait to use the products, then talk all about them. I bought the face wash on my own and love it, and now I have the scrub and makeup remover/moisturizer too.
5. Is any amount of money too little to save? Would you present a coupon for ten cents to your grocer?
Well, now that the penny doesn’t exist anymore, I would say anything less than 10 cents is pointless (yes, even nickels). A good percentage for me is 15% savings.
6. Imagine you are attending a 12-Step meeting for Coupon Addicts. Is there any hope for your recovery?
Recovery from what now? I don’t have a problem/addition.
7. Do you know about extreme couponing? Do you think these people are crazy or brilliant?
Totally batshit crazy. It’s one step away from the hoarders show. It irks me that people see shopping as a competitive sport now with coupons. Buy what you need and will foreseeably use people! You don’t need a grocery store in your house. Plus, it’s rare for fruits, veggies, milk, etc to be on coupons, so you’re just buying terrible-for-you canned food that you probably won’t eat before it goes bad. Knock it off.