Saturday 9: Live and Let Die
1) “Live and Let Die” was nominated for an Oscar as best song. Do you have a favorite movie song?
Other than the screaming song at the beginning of Lion King, not really. I love music and can appreciate it, but I don’t pay a lot of special attention to the scores in films.
2) The latest Bond movie, Skyfall, is crazy successful. Have you seen it/do you want to see it?
I haven’t seen it and I really, really want to. I’ve heard it’s one of the better Bond films of the last few years.
3) What do you think makes Bond movies so enduringly popular?
Bond is a classic hero, but he’s not without faults and shortcomings. It’s also awesome to see a super suave mystery spy, because really, we don’t get to see that in real life. Movies are about escapism and suspending disbelief.
4) Do you have a favorite among the actors who have played “Bond, James Bond?”
I haven’t been watching a lot of the classic films, but I really love Daniel Craig as Bond. I also have a soft spot for George Clooney, because C’MON, it’s Clooney!
5) Bond orders martinis — “shaken, not stirred.” What’s your regular drink order?
Vodka diets with a slice of lemon, or a glass of red wine. If possible, a gluten-free beer
6) Moving from the bar to breakfast — do you have a favorite cereal?
Not really any more. Most of the cereals I enjoy I can’t eat anymore, and I haven’t gone through the process of finding another one that I want to eat. Nowadays I’ll just eat hashbrowns in the morning for breakfast. Potatoes = nom.
7) Let’s daydream about warm weather. Would you rather swim in a lake, the ocean, or an outdoor pool?
Outdoor pool, if I’m being honest. Then lake, then ocean. Oceans are cold, y’all! I love to be around them and on the beach, but swimming in the Pacific is no picnic.
8) Did you get 8 hours’ sleep last night?
Roughly, I think. We had some friends over last night, so it was a late one combined with having some liquor, so I’m pretty sure I didn’t sleep straight through. But going to bed at 1 and getting up at 11 means I got 10 hours in there somewhere.
9) What are you wearing on your feet right now?