Anyone else get the irresistible urge to clean every once in awhile? Maybe it’s all about my need for things to be tidy, but I love giving our house a good scrub down; I get a pretty big sense of achievement out of it.
This weekend I went totally insane on the cleaning front. Near everything got hosed down, including my computer! Dust remover spray and glasses cleaning solution/rag made sure that the screen was fingerprint-free and the keys weren’t doused in cat hair (damn animals). I also took the stovetop apart and washed the individual parts, Thomas hosed down the cat box (smelly beasts), and I took apart, emptied, then used the vacuum. Plus the usual laundry and bed-linen changing, and this place is now sparkling!
Things have been pretty quiet around these parts. Ever since the Mexico trip was sorted out, there hasn’t been a lot to do or research. Now, I just need to find the time and money to pick up a few more things before the trip (including a suitcase, oi). Whitney and I went shopping today, but to no avail — I ended up buying coffee and groceries instead. Oops.
As the weather turns warmer, I hope things continue to be smooth sailing through calm seas. Work is going well, home life is amazing, and my friends & family just can’t be beat. Sometimes, nothing exciting is exactly what you need.
Everything feels like it’s been on fast-forward lately, and my blogging has fallen by the wayside. I really don’t like when this happens, and will be redoubling my blogging efforts come April! But, for now, I shall give all pertinent life updates in bullet points.
- We’re officially booked! I’m going to Mexico in May with Thomas’ sister. We’ll be staying for a week at an all-inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen, and I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to sun, sand and surf. We also got a great deal, so that makes my bank account hurt a little less.
- I switched my brackets on Monday, and since then my braces have been so. much. better. I can’t believe the difference brackets can make! The old plastic clear ones were big and clunky, making it hard for me to talk and eat. Not to mention the fact that they wouldn’t stay on for very long and would then zip around on the wire making my lips and mouth sore. These new metal ones are much smaller and sleeker, and the glue that hold them on is working SO much better. I haven’t broken a single bracket since Monday and this is a new record. Normally by now, one would have popped off. (But just wait, now that I’ve said this, I’m going to go home and they’ll all be pinging off in no time.)
- My tire situation was resolved quite nicely. I did need two new tires, but when I went to pay the invoice and get my car back on Saturday, the total was $70 — significantly less than the $260 I was quoted on the phone. Turns out, the old tires were still covered under the warranty I bought when I put them on, and they were replaced for free. I just paid the fees for recycling the old tires and the warranty for the new ones. SCORE!
- I received my reimbursement cheque from the government program that’s assisting me with my teeth yesterday. My Visa card is very happy.
- We’ve also gotten our insurance in order at work, and I’m receiving all the repayments from them as well.
- I have a date set in Edmonton to meet with the surgeon and talk about treatment plans. I have the feeling that this is the day that my surgery date will be set, if I’m lucky.
Whew. So, it’s been a busy week! Clearly.
What’s everyone else been up to? And Happy Easter!