Everything feels like it’s been on fast-forward lately, and my blogging has fallen by the wayside. I really don’t like when this happens, and will be redoubling my blogging efforts come April! But, for now, I shall give all pertinent life updates in bullet points.
- We’re officially booked! I’m going to Mexico in May with Thomas’ sister. We’ll be staying for a week at an all-inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen, and I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to sun, sand and surf. We also got a great deal, so that makes my bank account hurt a little less.
- I switched my brackets on Monday, and since then my braces have been so. much. better. I can’t believe the difference brackets can make! The old plastic clear ones were big and clunky, making it hard for me to talk and eat. Not to mention the fact that they wouldn’t stay on for very long and would then zip around on the wire making my lips and mouth sore. These new metal ones are much smaller and sleeker, and the glue that hold them on is working SO much better. I haven’t broken a single bracket since Monday and this is a new record. Normally by now, one would have popped off. (But just wait, now that I’ve said this, I’m going to go home and they’ll all be pinging off in no time.)
- My tire situation was resolved quite nicely. I did need two new tires, but when I went to pay the invoice and get my car back on Saturday, the total was $70 — significantly less than the $260 I was quoted on the phone. Turns out, the old tires were still covered under the warranty I bought when I put them on, and they were replaced for free. I just paid the fees for recycling the old tires and the warranty for the new ones. SCORE!
- I received my reimbursement cheque from the government program that’s assisting me with my teeth yesterday. My Visa card is very happy.
- We’ve also gotten our insurance in order at work, and I’m receiving all the repayments from them as well.
- I have a date set in Edmonton to meet with the surgeon and talk about treatment plans. I have the feeling that this is the day that my surgery date will be set, if I’m lucky.
Whew. So, it’s been a busy week! Clearly.
What’s everyone else been up to? And Happy Easter!