June 3rd. That’s the last time I sat down to write a blog entry. June freaking THIRD. It is the 25th, for anyone keeping track.
This is going to have to be in point form. It’s been that kind of month.
- It was my 25th birthday June 15th. We didn’t do anything too fancy, because Thomas was working all weekend. I went out for dinner with four of my girlfriends, then had a chill night at home.
- I went to Edmonton June 7th, for my aunt’s 60th birthday and for an appointment with the orthodontist and the surgeon. The surgeon yelled at me about my gums and told me if I don’t get them healthier he won’t operate. Gulp.
- The other piece of info I got from the surgeon was that he recommends, in addition to the jaw and palate adjustments, a genioplasty as well (chin surgery). This is considered entirely cosmetic since it won’t help with my jaw issues, but will complete what they’re trying to achieve. Because it’s cosmetic, it’s entirely up to me to pay for it. Eek.
- My dad has had health issues the last month; he was admitted to the hospital just two days before I went away to Mexico. It’s been breaking my heart to not be home with my family this last month. After further testing, they’ve figured out by the damage in his heart that at some point he had a heart attack, his arteries were clogged 90%, 80%, and 80% and he had three stents put in to deal with that. He still has high blood pressure and cholesterol, and was told he’s Type 2 diabetic. This is all within a month!
- Work went and exploded all over me, and at the same time I had freelance deadlines looming as well. Getting all of my obligations taken care of was exhausting, and didn’t leave a lot of extra time for me. It was hard to know that I had to give up things I wanted to do for things I needed to do. Lots of workouts, runs, and yoga classes lost.
- My 5k run, Color Me Rad, was postponed until the August long weekend, which means I can’t go. I will be in Victoria for a family wedding. It was postponed because…
- My city has been flooding. Big time. For days. And the clean up is just starting to get underway. It’s going to be a long process, and the last five days have been hectic and crazy. My office was shut down because of its proximity to the flood zones, and we’ve been working from home since Friday. I’m starting to go a little stir crazy.
So. That’s why there’s been no blog posts. Things are starting to slow down as the month comes to a close, so I’m hoping I can invest more time and energy into my blog and website.